The following terms and conditions are in place to facilitate a high quality service and to ensure that the procedures used for learning and assessment is fair and equitable. We agree to provide the services specified and expect candidates to comply with the conditions that apply to them whist undertaking a learning and assessment programme with us.
Our Service to Students
In return for payment of a specified course fee in advance we will:
- Provide a comfortable learning and assessment environment which will enable candidates to access syllabus details, learning materials, sources of information, reading material and professional tutors
- Assessment fees and examination entry form part of the learning programme fee.
- We reserve the right to withdraw candidates from their learning programme (without refunding course fees), should candidates be disruptive, not comply with the course requirements or adhere to the tutor’s specific instructions at any time during the course. We also reserve the right to exclude candidates who for whatever reason arrive more than 30 minutes late for the course commencing.
- We will not share candidate personal data with external agencies.
Payment fees and costs
- Payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
- Payment should be made by cheque made payable to Solent First Aid or by BACS.
- Joining instructions will be issued once payment of fees has been made.
- Solent First Aid will not issue certificates until full payment is made.
Cancellation by student
Cancellations by the client can be made at anytime but must be in writing and will be charged as follows:
- More than 30 days prior: full refund
- 7 – 30 days 25% of course fee
- Less than 7 days: 100% of course fee
Where a place has not been paid for within 14 days of booking the course place will be released.
Cancellation by Solent First Aid
Solent First Aid reserves the right to cancel any course at anytime; we endeavour to run the course where possible, but may cancel 7 days prior to course commencement.
Reasons for cancellation of courses are often lack of numbers or non payment of course fees prior to the course commencing. Due to the nature of the courses a minimum of four students is required however less than four can be accommodated on special occasions.
Apart from the situation above we may “very rarely” due to illness of tutor or sudden loss of venue postpone the course at short notice and by agreement where possible a new start time/date will be arranged.
Where we have cancelled a course a full refund of fees will be made.
To be eligible to attend an HSE two day re-qualification course, students must present a valid First aid at Work certificate issued by an HSE-approved provider which is ‘in date’ on the last day of the re-qualification course. The HSE allow an additional 28 days from the expiry date of the certificate to complete re-qualification training and assessment.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Solent First Aid and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Solent First Aid. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Solent First Aid is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information
Name and job title, contact information including email address, demographic information such as postcode and your training preferences.
What we do with the information
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or phone number which you have provided.
Personal Information for the purpose of certification will be made available to the HSE for the purpose of quality control and certification.